Fund Operations Associate Analyst (Investments)
Published on 10/18/2022Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Fund Operations Associate Analyst works closely with team members of Fund Operations and other areas within the Investments line of business on the overall operational aspects of the organization’s advisory and mutual fund businesses.
What you will do:
- Generate and maintain, on a routine basis, Fund performance records and associated reports and communicate this information to both internal and external parties, as needed.
- Collaborate with the Fund Operations team on the review, production and/or preparation of materials or matters related to board meetings, including liaising with internal and external parties involved in the board meeting process.
- Opportunity to review and/or organize regulatory filings, as assigned. This entails providing support and direction with respect to the creation and/or updating of filings, the communication of filings to required parties, updates to inventory and the website, the coordination of mailings/distributions to necessary parties and/or ensuring filings are completed in a timely manner or within regulated timeframes.
- Management of 15(c)-related performance reports and collaborate with Portfolio Management and other internal parties, as needed, on the publication of that data.
- Actively contribute to the review and production of shareholder reports.
- Assist with the relationship, oversight and due diligence of third party service providers, as assigned. Contribute to the management of these relationships, including, but not limited to, the oversight of contracts and contractual service levels, review of invoices, management of accounts and/or the on-going due diligence of these relationships.
- Review, assist and/or coordinate the execution of business unit related contracts and the review of associated invoices, if applicable.
- Engage with internal committees, as assigned, to support the maintenance of records of meetings and required actions.
- Maintain records and the architecture of the Investments line of business SharePoint site in accordance with internal and regulatory record retention requirements.
- Assist with ensuring the fulfillment of operational tasks associated with GuideStone Funds (e.g., account set-ups, foreign market matters, Blue Sky maintenance, completion of certifications, data review and updates, etc.)
- Actively review, update and/or the create department procedures in order to foster efficiencies and bolster effectiveness.
- Maintain an understanding of Form N-1A, 15(c) requirements, etc. and stay up-to-date with changes to regulations impacting registered mutual funds and registered investment advisers.
- Cooperate with all areas within the Investments line of business and maintain professional relationships and interaction with other departments within GuideStone Financial Resources.
- Opportunity to participate on project teams, as needed.
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree, required.
- Masters degree, optional
- Basic knowledge of mutual fund organizational structure processes, service providers roles and responsibilities, Investment Company Act of 1940, Securities Act of 1933, Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and/or overall investment philosophy.
- Strong self-starter that is eager to learn about the investment and/or mutual fund industry and a desire to excel – not afraid to tackle the unknown.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to internal and external parties.
- Outstanding organization, adherence to deadlines, ability to analyze situations and present solutions and willingness to be coached.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel, and command of basic technology tools.
- Willingness to make recommendations which take into consideration the best interests of the department, organization and/or shareholders.
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
- Travel minimal but may be up to 5%.
- CFP optional.
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244