Summer Intern - Financial Services
Published on 11/09/2022Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Financial Services Intern will directly assist the retirement line of business with a variety of initiatives related to retirement plan market research, servicing, recordkeeping and administration. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills he or she may have acquired in their college coursework and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that retirement plans play in the arena of financial services. The candidate will also have the opportunity to interact with leaders and employees throughout the organization.
Summer Intern Retirement Services and Solutions
What you will do:
· Review and evaluate educational strategies and tools used by competitors
· Conduct research on identified retirement initiatives
· Research new business opportunities and update CRM data
· Participate in client-facing meetings
· Introduction to retirement benefits processes, including survivor benefits
· Assist with product development projects, reports/analytics
· Exposure to retirement line of business functions, including Retirement
Solutions, Services & Operations and Technology Support Teams
· Supporting daily workflows within various operational areas
· Participate in and present on a corporate intern project
· MUST BE AN INCOMING JUNIOR OR SENIOR LEVEL MUST BE A
RETURNING STUDENT IN THE FALL FOLLOWING THE INTERNSHIP
· Degree concentration in finance, management, marketing or related field
· Minimum of 3.0 GPA
· Self-starter with initiative and integrity
· Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience with Microsoft 365
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
· Develop experience working on a wide variety of retirement-related projects
· Gain exposure to a fast-paced, collaborative office environment
· Work side-by-side with retirement line of business professionals
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244