Mission:Dignity Specialist (Part-Time)
Published on 10/14/2022Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
Mission:Dignity Specialist supports the daily operational segments of the Mission:Dignity department, including but not limited to maintaining office supply inventory, completing expense reports, managing the team calendar, and other tasks.
What you will do:
- Research situations and recommend appropriate actions to Operations Manager regarding special requests for assistance in addition to normal Mission: Dignity grants.
- Assist in advocacy for program recipients and their family members concerning public assistance benefits in order to effectively coordinate their Mission: Dignity grants with other assistance.
- Assist staff with the care of donor and recipient bases.
- Manage and facilitate mail operations.
- Manage and maintain accurate calendars for Mission:Dignity leadership.
- Assist in the facilitation of volunteer initiatives and programs.
- Assist with periodic reports.
- Act as liaison with other departments as needed to keep them updated on guidelines, plan types or benefit changes to Mission:Dignity program.
- Assist in the preparation of Trustee Meetings.
- Work on special projects relating to promotion or execution of the Mission:Dignity ministry.
- Maintain current working knowledge of Mission:Dignity program, services, policies and procedures.
- Maintain cost effective inventories of materials
- Handle complicated or sensitive issues with recipients and donors.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Highly proficient PC skills in MS Office and appropriate GuideStone system applications.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and handle high levels of stress in a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-starter with strong organization skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Southern Baptist polity and organization.
- Strong relational skills and the ability to connect with a diverse cross-section of individuals and organizations in person and by means of telephone calls and written communications.
- Personal attributes should include creativity, organizational skills, enthusiasm, and self-motivation with a strong work ethic.
- High-energy, result driven team player.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt efficiently to urgent sensitive assignments and to negotiate and reschedule projects when priorities overlap.
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244